January is known as the sleepy month, as this is when the soil and sea take a well-deserved break, to repair and replace the nutrients that gives its produce all year.
We should take a note from the season and reenergise our bodies. So, Jenny Flynn, Executive Chef at Faithlegg Hotel, has a lovely recipe for beetroot and carrot juice.
Let us know how you get on! From Jenny…
Beetroot and carrot juice
- 1 whole beetroot raw, trimmed and washed, no need to peel
- 2 large carrots topped and tailed, washed, no need to peel
- 25g fresh ginger
- 1 large orange juiced.
- Put all the ingredients except the orange in the juicer and juice.
- Juice the orange separately and add after, this helps to preserve the juice longer and it will last a couple of days in the fridge.
- If you don’t have a juicer cut up smaller and put in food processer or use a hand blender and strain through a muslin cloth.